I’ve been waiting for this challenge! It’s hosted by Naida at The Bookworm.
Without further ado, here are the rules:
1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2012 through December 31st, 2012.
2. “Romance” isn’t limited to steamy Harlequin novels. There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.
3. Choose at least 5 novels to read. You can change your choices at any time. Crossovers between other challenges are fine.
All kinds of books count such as eBooks, Audiobooks…etc.
If you are looking for suggested reading see Best Romance Novels Today, Romance Novels on Wiki or Best Romance Stories.
In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with Jane Austen, Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks and Georgette Heyer.
4. Read the books at your own pace in 2012 then post the link to your review(s). You don’t need to have a blog, posting your reviews on Goodreads and LibraryThing counts as well.
Here are my choices that you can always see on my blog.
- Twilight Saga
- Vampire Diaires
- Morganville Vampires
- Blood Coven
- Blue Bloods
- Night World
- Vampire Academy
- House of Night
- Love Story by Erich Seagul