Emma Corrigan is a young woman in London, England. She is in a stable, but dull, relationship with the “perfect” man, and is currently attempting to climb the corporate ladder at Panther Cola, a multi-national cola company headquartered in London. Satisfied with life, she is thrown off-kilter when she mistakenly blurts out all of her inner secrets to a complete stranger on a plane when it hits turbulence and she believes she is going to die.
Emma believes that she is in the clear when she leaves the plane, as she is confident that she will never see that stranger again. However, when he shows up at work, and turns out to be the company’s founder, she is forced to come face-to-face with the man, her secrets, and the desire for her life to change.
Its an awesome book.I mean i was rolling on the floor with laughter.You`ll always find a smile on your face while reading this book.Telling all your secrets to a person whom u consider to be a stranger and then if he turns out to be your boss,then u can imagine the disaster.And moreover what if your secrets are revealed? I`ll rate it a 10/10…..its an awesome comedy novel and a must read by Sophie Kinsella.
I cant say that Emma is dumb but yes she is very sweet and funny and rather a bit clumsy in what she speaks….and u can understand that by knowing all her weird secrets.So again its a must read and i totally love Jack Harper,the person to whom she revealed all her secrets.He never misses any chance to remind Emma of all her secrets.So go and fetch the book as its light and worth reading…..Happy reading to all the bookaholics…..Do comment and ask any questions regarding this book.Feel free please. 🙂 So can u keep a secret?????
Love means never having to say you`re sorry….He is Oliver Barrett IV,a rich jock from a stuffy WASP family on his way to a Harvard degree and a career in law……She is Jenny Cavilleri,a wisecracking,working-class beauty studying music at Radcliffe.Opposite in nearly every way,Oliver and Jenny immediately attract,sharing a love that defies everything.yet will end too soon.A love that will linger in your heart now and forever.
This is a novel with a sad ending,but its an excellent one.If our school would not have made it compulsory to read it,then i probably wouldn`t have read it.But its a must read novel.Its short and crisp and very sweet.I dont like the part when Jenny dies,but there are so many frivolous rebukes between them that you`ll always find the book very encouraging and lively.There are many sweet and romantic-comedy moments and u`ll love it.I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
I`ll rate it a 9/10.Its written by Erich Segal.Do read this novel and tell me your comments.Happy reading to all the bookaholics. 🙂
Yeah even i have i bucket full of wishes……if not a bucket then atleast a glass full of wishes 🙂
Everyone wants to do some or the other things in life before its too late,so here`s mine,yeah i`ll keep on updating my list because i never know wat all things i might do or add.
- Jump from a plane(ofcourse with a parachute..otherwise i wont be able to fulfill my rest wishes.
- Jump from a height in water.But to do this my heart shud be strong which isnt right now.If i try it out now all my organs will come out of fear. 🙂
- Meet Robert Pattinson,Kristen Stewart,Ian Somerhalder,Paul Wesley,Nina Dobrev.(I told u all i am a die hard fan of vampires)
- I want to watch the movie Bucket list and Titanic as i havent watched either of these two.(Yeah i know,not watching Titanic is a shame.)
- I want to be chef.Its on my list as i dont know what i`ll end up being later.
- I want to learn driving a car.Yeah i can do so the next year when i turn 18.
- I want to have a big and beautiful wardrobe with all the beautiful and best dresses.
- All the best vampire novels should be on my shelf.(Yeah i have 98% of them but what abt the rest 2%?)
- I have a casio/piano and i know how to play many songs ,actually some songs,but i want to learn more and know the knack of playing the piano.
- Take self-defense classes.It wud be fun and also useful later.
- Buy a chilli pepper spray.I always plan to buy one but end up doing nothing.
- I know how to swim,but i left swimming as i suffered from typhoid due to this.But so what when i`ll grow rich i`ll have my personal pool.
- Oh yeah for a pool i have to be rich because a bungalow with pool is very expensive.So i want to become rich definitely with hard work.
- I want to visit the temples of South India,they are very famous and breathtaking.
- Then what abt Maldives? I want to go there also.Its another beautiful island with corals etc.I love beaches but i dont like the hills so much,round and round makes me dizzy at times.
- I want to visit the Madame Tussauds.
- Help any organisation namely Goonj,to help the underpriviledged.You cant be happy without helping others.Can you?
- I want to buy lots of novels and read them and then post their reviews here and get lots of comments and follow-ups.
- Go on a shopping spree.Am a spendthrift,but still i do save money.So shopping is the best option to blow it all off and also a bookstore.
- I love camel riding.Whenever i visit Jaipur(in India) i always do camel riding.Scared to death when it rises and sits.But still i love camel riding.
- I want to learn salsa dance.In one second the dancers are here and in other second they are there.But for that i need a good body figure which i dont have(so wat i`ll be thin in future).So lets put this wish for later.
- Skating is another thing i wish to learn.I hope i will fulfill all these wishes.
- Oh God how did i forget this and didnt put it on the top of this list.I want to witness snowfall.Yeah i know i havent but its not too late.I`ll definitely visit a place at the time of snowfall.
- Fishing is an awesome thing to do.This is one thing i would definitely want to try out first.
- Horse-back riding is also a good sport,i hope the horse wudnt mind my weight. 🙂
- I want to go on a cruise.I went once in Dubai.
- With the thought of Dubai how can i forget the desert safari.It was awesome and terrifying.So i want to try it out again.
- I want to visit the Seven Wonders Of the World.
- Visit the rose garden in Chandigarh,India.
- I want to visit the Rashtapati Bhavan and the Mughal Garden in New Delhi.
- I want to learn how to fly kites.
- On my friend`s reminder let me tell you i want to wear a golden and deep heavy maroon bridal dress on my marriage,with a delicate diamond necklace.I hope i get this dress at the right time. 🙂
Oh God i think the bucket is over-flowing so why not i pen down now and add on more later.Thnks for keeping patience,and do tell me urs to do list.Do leave a comment. 🙂
I never thought i would ever go for these novels,or read any novels apart from vampires.These thick series always kept me away from them,but when i watched the first movie on T.V,i was awestruck by the witchcraft and animation used,and then i ordered them.So here is a brief review/summary of the novels that is on my top list.
Harry Potter is a series of seven fantasy novels written by the British author J.K Rowling. The books chronicle the adventures of a wizard,Harry Potter and his friends Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger, all of whom are students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry . The main story arc concerns Harry’s quest to overcome the Dark wizard Lord Voldemort, whose aims are to become immortal, to conquer the wizarding world, subjugate non-magical people, and destroy all those who stand in his way, especially Harry Potter.
I`ll rate it a 10/10(no doubt about that).I too want to become a witch or want to be able to use witchcraft.Yeah i know am confused between vampires and witches.So i`ve decided i`ll become a vampire and i`ll also ask a witch to give some of her powers to me.So a combination of both.Hee hee i hope this dream comes true.So rush to the stores(i know u all must have as i am late for the review,but atleast those who haven`t can go and fetch them),they r amazing.
Waiting for the comments ,pls post some.Thnks and happy reading to all the bookaholics… 🙂
(A part of Eclectic Reader Challenge 2012 genre-Thriller)